Thursday, March 25, 2010

Smoky Mountain Gardening

As spring is in full gear here in Asheville, my focus shifts - just a little - to gardening.  With the spring flowers like these tiny iris starting to peek out, and even Monday's strange snow flurry notwithstanding, the garden is calling me.   Having decided earlier to expand the beds, last weekend my sweetie and I laid out and dug out the new beds.  Winter has been tough, so I have not been in a giant hurry, but so far we have planted sugar snap peas, beets, onions and I have moved the self-sown leeks into a single spot. Radishes too!  The lilacs and budding out nicely and the daffodils are in full bloom.

Official fiber content:  Dyeing like crazy!  The LYS needs bonbons - in solid colors.  What a concept!  Yesterday I did t versions of blue with a purple tone.  Any thoughts on my inspiration?

No comments: