Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How to Turn a Sweater into Yarn

In the 'Whatever Was I Thinking' department, here is a sweater that takes beautiful yarn, an interesting top-down pattern, very nice knitting and somehow comes out Just Wrong.  This is Rowan Tweed in a bulky worsted weight in my favorite autumn shades - rusty red and loden green with bits of gold and purple.  We don't need to go on and on with what's wrong with the sweater.  The bulky weight combined with the bold stripe at waist level pretty much sums it up.I'm so very happy that I did not cut the steek that would have turned it into the cardigan of no return.

So I did what any self respecting knitter would do. I unraveled it. 

 tink, tink, tink.

Then I washed and dried the yarn.






Now it is no longer an inappropriate sweater.

It has possibilities!

1 comment:

Mandii said...

I'll have to do this for those sweaters I find that just dont work!