Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spinning for Knitting

While on spring break last week, I dyed lots of fiber for my Etsy shop and for my own spinning. I spin for the Brick and Mortar shops as well as for my own knitting. I'll be spending a bit of time in the car and in hotel rooms and just hanging around, so this weekend I'll be doing a bit of knitting.

I love to spin color change yarns, kind of Noro-like, but 2 ply, slightly bulky and of my own color choices (or a friend's choices if such friend is nearby and willing). Then I have fun knitting hats that may or may not knit happily into striped patterns. I'm playing with yarns to build stock for next winter as I work out my line for the coming season, creating hats, patterns and yarns.

I carded black fibers into some of the fiber that I dyed, so a couple of the yarns are heathered, which I like very much. A couple are clearer colors, but all are green to blue to purple and some go on to red. I can't wait to knit these up.

This weekend I'll be traveling to the Nashville, TN for a different kind of country music that Nashville is known for. I'll be dancing at the 28th annual Playford Ball to the music of Bare Necessities, a premier English Country dance band. I'll try to take pictures.

No comments: