Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset

I got a lovely Etsy message yesterday afternoon from SplitRockRanch who included me in a lovely treasury full of mostly fibery goodies, with a bit of photography, beadwork and soap thrown in for good measure.  It's all in the colors of the sunset -  red, pink, orange, purple black - really remarkable work by all the artists.  I am thrilled to be in such fine company!  My roving that is shown here is my PhatFiber contribution, Fire.  I love this colorway to make and to spin.  Like much hand dyed fiber, as close as your recipes and processes can be, the work is always a surprise.  With this color combination, it it a pleasant surprise as well.

Here is the link to the treasury - see what trips your fancy.  But don't wait too long.  Treasuries are rather fleeting.  Thanks, SplitRock.  Love your batts!

I finally spun a batt or 4 myself last evening.  With my house under renovation, I kind of lost my spinning space to - well, everything. Boxes of books, an extra sofa in the studio, furniture mashed together and covered in old sheets, plus tools and plaster dust over everything.  But last evening I went to my Wednesday spinning group and spun the second half of a teal batt I carded a long while back.  It felt great!  The house is getting put back together too.  And that is a very nice thing.

1 comment:

Split Rock Ranch said...

Thanks so much for blogging about the Treasury! I haven't had a chance to spin up the fibers in this colorway that I got from you awhile back but now I'm inspired to get them out and spin! Glad you got some spinning in yourself. Hope you survive the renovation!