Monday, June 14, 2010

Old Sheep in the News

I heard this fascinating article on NPR (or course) about Navajo Churro sheep and the people who raise them.  Thought I'd share it with you...

Though I admit that I never spun Churro wool, there is a shepherd who brings her fleece to SAFF.  I may test out a fleece this fall.  As the article says, it is a strong fleece, perfect for blankets and rugs - not that I really make woven blankets and rugs, though. I'd like to.

There was very little fiber activity going on at the world headquarters of Smoky Mountain Fibers this weekend, although I did some custom dyeing. But on the home repair front, things cooked!  The LR and DR are now painted - and looking good.  Don't look too closely!  We have not lost our amateur status as painters.  But as energetic wielders of the brush and roller, we did just fine.  Pictures to come!

No comments: