Saturday, April 3, 2010

Back to the Dye Pot

I've been back at the dyepot lately.  Even though I have been working hard painting my studio, the bath and the hallway, I can nip down to the wet studio in the basement and get some dyeing done to restock the shop.  Neptune (the roving that you see here) is just one example of what I've been up to.  I've been dyeing red/gold combos and the blue/green as well.  Even did a blue/purple that I have not done in some time.  So simple and so pretty.  But the purple refused to be photographed.  I'll try again tomorrow under natural light.

The house work is coming along nicely.  I am a very neat painter.  Now I am not one of those people who doesn't get a drop on my person.  In fact, my clothing is one of the ways my work stays neat.  The elderly T-shirt makes a handy spill cloth.  But the 2 tone watery blues in the bathroom looks lovely.  It is the same colors as before as I had about 2/3 gallons of each color left from before.  But the studio and hall are a color called 'Heirloom Lace' from Olympic paints.  It's creamy with a tiny touch of peach.  Sweet!

No comments: