Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Waffle Socks

I stated a new pair of socks last evening.  I love knitting the Blueberry Waffle Socks pattern by Sandy Turner. It's my go-to sock pattern and has been since I started knitting socks.  It fits well, is easily adjustable to any gauge or foot size and seems to move along quickly.  I think it's the 4 row repeat.  It seems to go by in chunks of about 3/4 of an inch.  At least it does when knit in the original dk weight and size 5 needles.  This yarn is a bit skinnier as are the needles. I seldom knit the waffle pattern onto the instep.  I'm ready to knit in my sleep by then.

This time I'm using Plymouth's Happy Feet, a super wash merino with about 10% nylon.  I love the color combination, poetically called #11 - kind of a subdued violet, gold & teal - very mellow.  Not a great picture here - out of focus, but I think it shows the colors.  I have knit with this yarn before, but hated that colorway, so I took the finished sock and unused skein back to my LYS & traded it for this colorway.  That waffle sock remains a store sample and I pet it every now and again when I visit. This yarn has lived in the Tub o' Sock Yarn ever since.

Since I am now on a quest to Knit Down the Stash and I have a SAFF board meeting tonight, I needed a bit of mindless knitting.  I'll be tracking my progress on Ravelry here.  I've already selected the next sock yarn in the stash, though not the pattern.  Could be another waffle - Watch out!

No comments: