Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Congratulations MAY be in Order

Last year when everybody asked me what I was going to do once I finished grad school, I just told people I was going to read what ever I wanted to, spin lots of yarn, knit, ramp up the fiber business and go to a lot more dances. So far, so good.

I never said that I wanted to be a member of the board of directors for the Southeast Animal Fiber Festival (SAFF). But when I was asked a couple of months ago, I said, yeah that might be cool. I love the festival, always volunteer and consider myself very lucky that it's just down the road.

But I got busy, never sent in my bio, basically forgot about it. Surprise! When the ballot came my name was on it with a no-longer-accurate bio (probably one that I did when I taught a class at SAFF a few years ago) . But there were several very qualified people on the ballot, so I felt like it was kind of a non-issue. I put the ballot on the toxic waste dump I call a desk and again, forgot about it. Never sent it in. Didn't even vote for my favorite person in the whole wide world. Thought about it on vacation - maybe once - but generally put it out of my mind.

Surprise again! This evening I will be attending a board meeting where noone will think that you are odd for knitting in a meeting. I'm taking the pink socks.

No comments: