Friday, March 20, 2020

Is it Time?

Time to restart the blog?


Trillium at the UNC-A Botanical Gardens
As I was taking a long walk this morning, I thought about, well, a lot things:  COVID19, community, gratefulness, spring and plenty more.  I wondered if it was time to do some journaling.  and since this blog still exists, why not here!  Kind of old school.  If anyone but me reads this, OK.  But it's really for me.

In Western North Carolina, we are a week into this time of social distancing. A week ago today, I was working at the yarn shop, Friends & Fiberworks.  I was concerned, but not very paranoid, just regular paranoid.  But within a day or so, the first diagnosed case was identified, a visitor from another state.  My first thought, did she shop for yarn?  Was she one of the really lovely people who I helped pick out perfect yarn for her project?  Probably not, but still...

So we are hunkered down.  I am an extrovert with a high energy level who lives alone.  I have a wide circle of friends, who enjoy many of the things that I like to do.  Dance, play music, practice yoga, do fibery things.  Community things.  But I also like to do solitary things -knit, read, work in my garden, cook.  My favorite thing to do at the gym (other than yoga classes) is to read or watch cooking videos on the treadmill.

How do I stay happy?  Stay busy.  Stay active.  Stay productive.

I make lists.  I cross stuff off.  It makes me happy.  See above.

So here's the plan:  Everyday...
Take a walk - Get those 10,000 steps.  Today it was the Greenway to the botanical Garden, Greenway to Murdock St, Hillside to home. 7,500 steps.
Work in the garden.
Fix and eat good food.
Knit, spin, weave, dye.
Play music - stretch!  Play and sing new songs.  Learn a few by heart.

So my plan is to log my activities - positive and negatives.  Keep track of my self!

No comments: