Tuesday, May 19, 2009

In Which I Finally Broke Down and Joined...

Facebook.

It's true. I really, really, REALLY didn't want to, but the reasons to join simply topped the reasons not to join.

I am keeping all notations of my small college employer out of the picture. We dare not write the name, initials or any reference to the college out of the picture. Don't want my students finding me.

I will put in connections to fiber, dance, gardening and area gatherings. I just felt like I was out of it and missing out on conversations in which I wanted to take part. Now I'm being 'friended' all around. Will it be just another distraction?

My Oceana roving found it's way into an Etsy Treasury today. A lovely one at that. Thanks! I've continued spinning a healthy amount. Not everyday; but multiple times per week. I've also been knitting a good bit, both on my Classic Lines Cardi and cranking out hats for fall's inventory.

Sunday was the last English Country Dance of the season. With great music and calling, yummy snacks and a good crowd of new and experienced dancers, a good time was had by all. Sad to see it end for the summer, but we will be back in the fall. In the meantime, I hope to learn to lead a number of dances and I'll be building a website for the group. Two obstacles: a serious lack of decent pictures and a name. AshevilleECD.com? Since we never decided on any other name for our group, I guess that will be it.

Still on the South Beach plan, level 1. Weight 130.

No comments: