Monday, August 30, 2010

Can It Be?

Is it true?  Am I actually working out?  I just did 2 loops around campus with my colleague, and I'm still sweating.

After the trip to Colorado where I walked and hiked each day and last weekend's walkabout, this weekend my sweetie and I went on a bit of a hike in Craggy Gardens, north east of Asheville.  Even without the large elevation changes and western views, the Blue Ridge mountains are equally lovely.  With friends from out of town, we drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway to a lovely area.  Instead of hiking to the balds with the CCC-built picnic shelter and views both of Asheville and other peaks, we hiked the rocky, shady side of the mountain.    But still ample time to enjoy the subtle beauty of rocks and flowers in addition to the amazing views.

This has also been a time for dyeing.  I'm not sure how it happened but when filling a big roving order for the LYS, I realized that I am very low on dyed roving.  Very low.  So in the past few days, I dyed about 8 green shades; 6 blue shades and hit the reds hard starting this morning.  I think I need to dye morning and evening all week to be ready for the fall season.  Thankfully we will not be traveling on Labor Day weekend, but will be happily home to dye and spin and garden and workout!

I did a good bit of yard work too.  That's exercise, right?  I don't feel any thinner.  Perhaps it's too soon to tell.

No comments: