Monday, November 2, 2009

Progress Check

In my last post, I made a list of what is/will/should be happening. All in all, it has been a very good week! Here is the update...
  • The Roofing dude is about to fix the creaking rafters. Check.  We have raised high the roofbeams, carpenter.
  • The Plumber has my leak on his schedule (as soon as he gets back from Europe!).  Still broken, minimizing the use of plumbing, which means that laundry is piling up and I skipped my shower this morning.  I did spin out some dyed fiber, but captured some the grey water to use in soaking mohair locks
  • The Solar guys are about mid-way through their installation. And should finish up tomorrow!
  • New entry.  The furnace dude comes tomorrow to give the old geezer of a furnace it's yearly tune up.



In the world headquarters of Smoky Mountain Fibers...
  • I'll be working at the Locally Grown Gallery this weekend at the WNC Farmers Market. An excellent day, selling lots of yarn, patterns and hats.  I spun a good bit too! 
  • New entry. I weighed, bagged, photographed and listed a few bags of hand dyed locks I have had hanging out in the studio for too darn long.  Send them to a new home!
  • New entry. Keep on spinning - I'm dangerously low on dyed yarns in Locally Grown.

  • The day job has been requiring excessive reporting to finish the federal fiscal year, but they are nearly complete.  Done!
  • I will lead my first full program on English Country dancing on Sunday. Although not a groundbreaking success, everybody lived through it and my fans were quite pleased.  Lots of new dancers!

No comments: