Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy New Year 2015

As the new year rolls around we tend to take stock.  What was wonderful...other things...well, less so.  I find that I miss the blog.  Not the self promotion, that gets tired.  I've never been one for a parade of finished objects.  I can hardly remember to take pictures for my Ravelry page.

But I think that what I miss is the writing.  Writing a few times a week give me a time for introspection...thoughtfulness...as I try to put thoughts and feelings into words. I have used this blog as a diary of sorts, mostly writing about fiber (obviously), gardening, travel and the public parts of my life.  There's only a little about work, except as it gives me a few interesting travel opportunities a year.  My private life is only interesting to me - no drama to make salacious reading.

So in 2015, I'm going to revive the blog.  Other resolutions...
  • Finish the purple sweater (about 80% done).
  • Rework red sweater.  So far I have pulled out the sleeves and washed the yarn.
  • Knit at least 6 pair of socks (2 already on needles)
  • Work out more - Notice that I did NOT quantify that. but I've either walked or done yoga nearly every day since the Christmas break began.
  • Pay attention the Etsy shop.  I started by putting my patterns up.
  • A little promotion wouldn't hurt (Facebook; Phat fiber)
  • Add patterns to Ravelry.
  • Keep my office cleaner.  It's currently quite tidy. Can I spend 5 minutes at the end of every day tidying up? 
So we shall see if I can keep this going.  Stay tuned...

No comments: