- I am hosting a meeting at work and tomorrow I have a bunch of my colleagues coming from around the country. It's hot as blue blazes, but it's hot everywhere, and I can't do much about the weather. August is hot.
- The garden continues it's summer growth & I have to water it with city water, so the cucumbers, green beans, tomatoes & zucchini may be only a little cheaper than the organic ones at the neighborhood Whole Foods.
- My 1940's era kitchen is being remodeled (Yeah!) so I can't cook. The zukes are being dehydrated into zucchini chips. The green beans are being given away if they are too big to eat raw
- I will soon have a decent kitchen. It is the last room that I have fixed up in my little 1920's house. The electrician is there today. Imagine: code!
- I have been trying to finish a sweater I started 2 years ago. I picked up the button bands 2 weeks ago when I was staying in a hotel with the air conditioning set to minus 0. I haven't quite gotten around to sewing them down
- Socks are smaller knitting projects to hold onto when it is hot out - and in.
- I have been spinning - a lovely wool silk blend that I plan to turn into a sweater.
- It might get finished in 2 years.
- Maybe 3, because I am spinning the yarn.
Monday, August 1, 2011
I've been doing a bunch of interesting stuff lately, but not exactly knitting-spinning-dyeing blog appropriate unless you have rather low standards. Here are some random highlights...
Posted by AnneMarie at 8/01/2011 04:32:00 PM