So this year I decided early on that I would turn down invitations and be thankful on my own. I will cook and eat a special meal - I even bought the smallest turkey breast I could find. I will take a walk in the woods, enjoying being out in nature. But I'll do it on my own terms.
My do list (in no particular order...
- Play with fiber - wash, dye, card, spin, knit.
- Paint the bedroom - taking advantage of this glorious opportunity of a long weekend.
- Read good books
- Watch a decent movie or two
- Get some exercise every day
- Call a contra dance at the Old Farmer's Ball
- Clean and organize a wee bit around the house.
I know this is not everybody's idea of how to spend Thanksgiving. There is no travel, no picking the perfect wine, no family drama, no major overeating, no getting up at 3 am to shop on Friday morning. But somehow I'll manage to survive - and in a newly painted bedroom Besides, I still have a few hats to knit in the 30 Hats in 30 Days self-imposed challenge. Still on target!