Friday, July 3, 2009

Slammed: Pesky Day Job!

Several interesting things that are very likely blog fodder have been happening lately. Unfortunately my actual workload has been getting in the way of my updating this blog. I am facilitating a workshop next week for area teachers. It's all about the contributions of children in history, including Child Labor, Hence the lewis Hine photo of the young spinner. I'm just slammed getting ready for it and loving every minute. Reading, researching, writing, building the online part of the course, but it does not leave any time for the SmokyMountainFibers blog. I've thought about it, done a wee bit of interesting knitting, even taken pictures, but it just doesn't put itself up.

In a nutshell...

  • I got my totally cool Phat Fiber box - great fibers!
  • I won a contest and got a very cool prize.
  • I'm spinning nifty yarn
  • I'm knitting LOTS of hats (works well with the reading).
  • Last night was Fiber Group night.
  • The Etsy shop is Hoppin'
  • I got featured in 2 Treasuries.
  • The garden is growing every single day!
  • I called a way fun dance with one of my favorite bands, House Red.
Wait, no wonder I don't have time to write about it!

No comments: