It occurs to me that the Mars Hill Heritage Festival is only 6 weeks away. Though it's just a one-day fair, I still have to do it! That means knitting hats, spinning yarns, making fiber bundles for spinners and felt makers and just showing up with all my goods and chattels ready to sell. So I need to set realistic goals to be ready. On top of the new fiber put ups in the Grove Arcade shop (4 ounce fiber 'wheels' suitable for spinning), my spinning at Locally Grown has cut into my stash of dyed fibers, so I need to ramp up the dyeing, the lone crock pot is just not quite keeping up with demand. The Etsy shop is hard to keep stocked as well. Although I have neglected it in favor of the day job of late, I need to get back to daily posting.
Fall 2008 Goals:
- Knit 5 hats per week.
- Develop freebie pattern as hangtag for Locally Grown yarns
- Dye 2 crock pots per day + 4 big pots of fiber weekly
- Dye 6-8 skeins of sock yarn per week
- Make 4-6 felted pins per week
- Spin 300 yards per week (1/2 natural; 1/2 dyed)
- Weekly deliveries to Asheville HomeCrafts
- Bi-weekly deliveries to Locally Grown
- Spin at Locally Grown every week or so
- Post to Etsy shop at least 5 times per week(try for daily)
- Update SAFF site weekly.
Lots of fun the past few weekends, calling dances in Blacksburg, visiting friends in North Georgia,and just generally enjoying summer - not too hot, just summery!